VP of Product Development
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “VP of Product Development” in the subject line.
Position Title: VP of Product Development
Department(s): Programs & Engagement
Reports To: CEO
The role of Bright Pink’s (“BP’s”) Vice President of Product Development (“VP”) is to lead Bright Pink’s efforts to design innovative solutions to health education delivery, health behavior change, and proactive health management for constituents at scale. This person has an insatiable appetite for understanding our constituents and relentlessly seeks solutions to meet their needs and stay on the cutting edge of health innovation. The VP will be responsible for the management and evolution of Bright Pink’s product portfolio. The VP will report to our CEO and collaborate regularly with the Chief Medical Officer, SVP of Strategy & Advancement, VP of Brand & Experience, and web development agency.
- Define product strategy and high-level roadmaps
- Develop and drive product strategies which support and propel Bright Pink’s mission.
- Lead the development of new products, maximizing impact and outreach of Bright Pink digital resources
- Develop detailed project plans for the development and maintenance of assigned product suites, overseeing product review and update
- Determine business requirements and gather consumer insights and use both to define product requirements
- Ensure vision and goals of the product are maintained throughout development and that business requirements are met
- Define strategy for analysis and review and ensure data collection potential is part of product development strategy
- Develop and implement data collection, evaluation methods and tools
- Monitor and analyze results for program related data collection and evaluations
- Take full accountability for final product (inclusive of content, mission and message adherence and accuracy) and evaluation metrics
- Keep internal and external stakeholders engaged and informed
- Facilitate communication across business groups and stakeholders
- Report project status, scope changes, and metrics to all stakeholders
- Ensure position procedures and project status are documented and available for review
- Provide support for other Bright Pink programs as necessary
The physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, read, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to type, handle, or feel and reach. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Status: Full time. Exempt from the provisions of wage and salary regulations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college
Experience: Seven to ten years of experience in product management and leadership in a team-based environment
- Acts as team leader
- Regularly engages team members on work progress and opportunities for development
- Takes action proactively without needing to wait for instruction
- Executes and interprets policies for the successful operations of assigned team/department
- Eagerly accepts challenges/goals set by senior management and effectively focuses, trains, educates, and equips team to meet goals
- Skilled in directing, persuading, and motivating
- Represents BP in a professional and enthusiastic manner. Ale to communicate the mission of Bright Pink
- Built product roadmaps in order to drive product strategy and strike the right balance between pain points and innovation
- Demonstrated record of meeting professional goals and guiding staff to meet team goals
- Strong project management skills
- Aptitude for analysis, interpretation, and translation of information
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others (management, agency partners/vendors, board members, and staff) to accomplish goals
- Flexible enough to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Curious and thoughtful approach to work characterized by a desire to solve problems and continuously improve quality of work
- Demonstrate and further Bright Pink’s brand values of Brightness, Proactivity, Partnerships, Inclusiveness, Innovation, and Impact
- A sincere commitment to the mission and philosophy of Bright Pink is required
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Bright Pink works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, income, marital status, or any other dimension of diversity. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.