Fundraising Database Administrator
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Fundraising Database Administrator” in the subject line.
Reports To: Senior Vice President of Development
The Fundraising Database Administrator is a dynamic member of the Development team whose work spans database management, data analytics, prospect management, programs, operations, and finance. S/he is Bright Pink’s resident donor database expert and provides leadership and support in tracking Bright Pink’s revenue generation efforts. Through analysis of fundraising data and revenue forecasting, s/he supports the Development Department’s strategic planning process and provides data-driven insight to maximize fundraising potential. S/he oversees the gift entry, gift acknowledgement, and financial reconciliation processes and is proficient in Salesforce. The Fundraising Database Administrator reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Development.
- Manage the donor database and ensure its accuracy and integrity. Oversee and execute data entry procedures and maintain consistent standards for donor data. Train staff on use of the database and provide regular updates on best practices.
- Serve as a key team member for database maintenance, integration, enhancement, and conversion projects. Identify and document development database needs on an ongoing basis and provide leadership in executing optimization efforts.
- Create dashboards/scorecards and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate performance and inform team strategy. Continuously re-assess and improve KPIs and dashboard/scorecard presentation.
- Generate reports and manage prospect pipeline to support Development team efforts. Create thoughtful, thorough donor profiles to inform portfolio assignments.
- Provide data-driven recommendations regarding solicitation strategies and assist with solicitation segmentation, mail house management, and in-house execution.
- Develop and communicate policies and procedures for prospect assignment, management, moves entry, and coding. Implement changes as necessary to increase efficiencies.
- Support efforts to manage data sources from across all channels including programmatic platforms.
- Oversee monthly financial reconciliation. Collaborate with the Finance team to ensure all gifts and pledges are properly recorded in the general ledger.
- Ensure accurate gift entry, appropriate acknowledgement of all donations, and approval of all matching gift requests. Regularly review and revise gift acceptance policies and gift entry and acknowledgement procedures.
- Oversee donation and registration processes for special events. Coordinate with applicable partners to ensure development gift acceptance policies are followed.
- Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Bright Pink core values and practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
- Extraordinary organizational and communication skills and an ability to participate in creative processes for department planning and projecting
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze data and provide data-driven insights and recommendations
- Research skills, including a natural curiosity, tenacity, perseverance, and a strong results-oriented focus
- Respectful of the sensitive and confidential nature of donor-related information and materials
- Competent with range of tools and technology necessary to support organization’s initiatives
- Uses complex, proactive problem solving to provide insightful recommendations and solutions
- Contributes both individually and collaboratively in a time-sensitive environment
- Self-motivated to learn increasingly complex skills and subject matter
- Ability to thrive in team environment and add to collaborative nature of Bright Pink
- Ability to work in an office environment and perform work at a desk for extended periods of time
- Ability to both work and thrive in a high-stress environment that has a quiet to moderate noise level
- Time management skills are imperative to success
- Professional approach to internal and external stakeholders required
- Approach challenges and opportunities with a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college
- Four to six years of demonstrated success in database administration
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Classy, Crowdrise, and other fundraising portals a plus
Please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with Fundraising Database Administrator in the subject line.