Community Engagement Coordinator
Bright Pink is the only national non-profit focused on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women. Our innovative education and support programs educate, equip, and empower young women to be proactive with their breast and ovarian health. We work with world-class brands and media partners to educate the 52 million young women in the US between the ages of 18 and 45 who have the power to be proactive and reduce their risk for these cancers, or detect them at an early non life threatening stage. Founded in 2007, Bright Pink is headquartered in Chicago and is a national organization.
We are seeking an individual who is highly organized, a self-starter, innovative, creative, a team player, and truly passionate for the mission.
Reports To: Vice President of Programs
This full time role of Bright Pink’s (“BP’s”) Community Engagement Coordinator (“Coordinator”) is to support the delivery of core in-person programs and general volunteer activities. The Community Engagement Coordinator will report directly to the VP of Programs and support the Community Engagement Manager and Associate Program Manager in the administration of the Brighten Up Educational Workshops, the Women’s Health Provider Education Initiative and Bright Pink’s support programs. The Coordinator will also be directly responsible for recruiting, training and deploying a pool of general volunteers to meet varied organization needs. This position is based at Bright Pink’s Headquarters in Chicago.
- Support the Community Engagement Manager and the delivery of the Brighten Up Educational Workshop and Outreach Groups by managing/assisting in the management of designated Education and/or Support Ambassadors, assisting with program marketing and scheduling, processing evaluation data and performing other administrative tasks as needed
- Assist in the administration and execution of Bright Pink University, Bright Pink’s online training activities for Education and Support Ambassadors
- Support the Associate Program Manager and the delivery of the Women’s Health Provider Education Initiative by managing designated administrative tasks for the program, such as organizing and booking speaker travel for 140+ lectures each year, assisting with program logistics, speaker communications, processing program evaluation data and other miscellaneous tasks
- Maintain our existing pool of general volunteers, and continue to recruit, secure and train (through our online training modules) additional volunteers to support various organizational needs
- Maintain complete and up-to-date records in Salesforce for each volunteer, inclusive of contact information, volunteer interests and activity, as well as performance evaluation data for future reference
- Maintain the online volunteer training modules
- Task and detail orientation; able to multi-task and manage a large volume of details while maintaining accuracy
- Strong people and relationship-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understands organizational workflow and objectives
- Exhibits strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to work in an office environment and perform work at a desk for extended periods of time
- Ability to both work and thrive in a high-stress environment that has a quiet to moderate noise level
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college
- 1-2 years of prior office-based professional experience
- Clearance from applicable background checks
If you think you would be a good fit for this position, please send your resume attached as a pdf and a cover letter within the body of an email to Recruiting@BrightPink.org. Please use “Community Engagement” in the subject line. No phone calls or personal outreach, please.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.